lameness[redefined]

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weird.

Hey. I just managed to catch the last 15 mins or so of Bedazzled. Its basically this guy who gets to ask the devil for 7 wishes in turn for his soul. Towards the end of the show, he says something really interesting. By getting all his wishes at an instant, he just feels so empty and useless. He feels that has gained nothing. Only then does he realise that getting what he wants doesn't matter, but how he gets there that matters more.

I think it's really true. By having what we want right at our doorstep, we'd just get really bored. Just imagine, getting what you want without working for it. I would hate it. I just won't be able to appreciate what it as well as something that I worked really hard for.

And that't how life should be. I think. It's the process thats gonna matter more. I know it sounds kinda cliched and stuff, but I do think it makes come sense. At the end of something, we can look back and see how we did; how we got to a certain place or position and we would realise how we got there, and we would begin to appreciate ourselves even more.

Ok. So what i typed above looks really weird right now. Bah. Can't be bothered. I just thought it sounded really interesting.

I have been really lethargic over the past few days. I normally wake up at 5 in the morning, so when I oversleep on weekends, my day just tends to screw up. I become so lazy, and I won't be able to concentrate properly. That's why I think waking up in the morning, as in earlier in the morning like about 7+ or so would do me more good.

I went to collect money from people on saturday morning. Went with nick, leqiao and wuyue. Now I know why I never chose to go and collect money before. It just sucks. It was like 16 years of retribution all in one day. Like last year, I mean, I chose the super muddy coastal cleanup over the sale of magnets. I just hate to collect money, or going around asking for money. We went from Jurong to Boon Lay to Clementi, where we finally stopped. Hahaz. Only Clementi was fairly empty for us to go aroung asking money. Lol. I came back home and asked my parents if they had any extra coins to spare. This was definitely a new and fun experience in a weird sort of way (Nick tried to steal $10. haha. He failed.).

Friday was the opening of the igloo. Sad. Joel, this other girl and I managed to break 2 ice cubes but still couldn't get the key. Tragic. All the cuts on our hands for nothing. Bah. In the end, Louis and Ben won. Haha, at least someone from the IP managed to get the keys. The igloo looks cool man! Can't wait to start pooling there.

Hahaz. I think that's about it. Never intended for this post to be so long.

Later. (((:

PS: I think i made a wrong decision in choosing the other SC Rep. Let's wait and see and how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home