lameness[redefined]

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bah Humbug.

Hey. I just feel so tired. I mean like come on. We just ran x-country and the next day we have mock napha. What the hell? Thanks goodness the 2.4 km run was postponed. There was SBJ and chinups today. As expected, I failed my chin ups. And to top it off, I slipped and fell from the bars! It has to be a record! Go on! Gimme a round of applause! I also kinda screwd up my SBJ. Barely passed. Hahaz. After, I played soccer. For the first time in a long time.
I know, I started blaming everyone except myself for my team to lose. Which is really bad. I dunno. I just don't like to take the blame for any shortcoming, such that in those kind of circumstances, I tend to make the wrong decisions, and one that I may well regret one day. I just push the blame around. Haiz. But I don't think it can be helped. It has been ingrained.
This just goes to show the power of confidence. It has the power to make or break a person. Too much or too little - anything can screw you up big time. Confidence is something that is really important; something that everyone must have. Confidence needs to be in balance.
Come on. If you freak out at everything you do and shirk away, you just won't do anything. You'll lead a life in which you make no mistakes and have no regrets. But what's the point? What have you gained? Honestly speaking, nothing. You choose the safe path all the time, that you just don't realise what life means. Life is not making the best decisions for yourself, it's about making the decisions that make us happy, and that is the true essence of life.
On the other hand- over confidence. The flipside of the coin. In my opinion, has far worse effects. An over confident person falls down hard, and rarely recovers from that. But on a positive note, an over confident person is confident of himself; has the belief that he can succeed no matter what, even though it may be too much. Even though an over confident person may be like a stuck up bastard of sorts, he will still tend to choose the decisions that make him happy, knowing that he won't go wrong by choosing them.
Don't get me wrong here. I am not saying that being over confident is the way to go. It was just my thoughts on this issue. What I feel is that it's important to find the balance between a lack of confidence and over confidence.
And what really matters the most is doing what you want, and enjoy doing that.
Wow. I digressed so much. Lol.
Later. ((((:
PS: Hope the opening ceremony for the igloo tomorrow is fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home