lameness[redefined]

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Happiness.

Today was Teachers' Day. I gave the Mrs Fields' Cookies to all my teachers, which is quite puny and thoughtless as those stayed up and baked their own cookies. I feel like such a lazy pig.

*Mdm Yasmin(My Sec 2 home econs teacher): This job is an occupational hazard.*

I don't know why, it suddenly came to mind. Anyway, I went to VS with Aaron, Eugene and Thana. We were the first few people to reach there, apart from a few seniors. We saw a band comprising of ex-victorians, Ronin, performing. According to the teachers, they weren't expecting such a performance from them. Ronin, more like Levan was like, "Screw off! Screw it!" and stuff. After a while, they were asked to leave the stage and Mr Maran told them off later. The teachers were extremely pissed of with their actions. And they sang the school song wrongly. So much for being an ex-Victorian.

Visa must be scandalised if he reads this.

After that I met my primary school friends and we went to play pool. After 1 screwed up game, I actually became much better. I just need add more finesse to my shots and practice more. Pool is really cool, and I feel that I should go more often next year, and I hope a few of you all understand why.

I was watching Rockstar: InXS. Mig rocks man. He's the Australian-Filipino mix. I'm rooting for that dude.

And i am not really fond of Ronin anymore.

rocker.mentality.as.an.excuse

4 Comments:

  • victoria in singapore there are other schools we know victoria is something more the school that watched us grow for others came before and went and played the sportman's game. victoria we give to u the honour that u claim. victoria thy sons are we and we will not forget victoria thy truimphs see and victories we shared yet. for others came before and went and carried to the world victoria's flame and our intent to keep her flag unfurled.

    heh. btw maran was thanking us for playing and he's been invited to the launch gig for a coupla beers. chill dude. have fun in life!

    By Blogger Levan Wee, at 9:01 pm  

  • that was the "for here we've learnt and striven too" line that I traditionally repeated as "for others came before and went". When I was in VS, I'd used to purposely sing it disasterously screwy when prefects walked passed and then got detention. When I was in detention I'd used the time to do my homework instead of going home.

    Anyway relax dude. It was the Victorian Spirit of togetherness that held the band together for years, eating wheat bread instead of proper food because we were so poor but yet had to fund the band. And it was the victorian spirit that helped us from our garage days of old to climb the status all the way up to MTV and beyond. Not all victorians come in the form of choir boys. It doesn't lessen the sense of family we have. In our batch, we studied hard and played harder to gain the position of 5th ranked school of the country.

    Wrote an 'apology' note to the teachers already so you needn't worry. Their feelings weren't hurt. Too much.

    Thanks dude. Don't bother replying to this post because I just happened to stumble onto this blog and won't be revisiting (Bookmark function doesn't work on my browser, damnit). Nil Sine Labore

    By Blogger Levan Wee, at 9:09 pm  

  • But I apologize if I offended you. We did go overboard. in all seriousness, I did write a letter to the teachers.

    I think we've been working ourselves too hard. Was a nice reality check for me. But I do appreciate your opinions because they do matter to me.

    I'm meeting with your PE Teacher tonight for a milo and supper to talk about what happened.

    apologize for me to the people I might have offended. Thanks a bunch man.

    By Blogger Levan Wee, at 9:13 pm  

  • Just came back from a pleasant supper with Sean and Randel, your PE Teacher. He is one damn fucking cool guy I must say. We had a nice talk about the Victorian Spirit, the school, and what transpired that day. Invited him down to our launch show also.

    It was a nice insight into what's been going on in the school lately and felt very refreshed and re-educated to what the school is about and trying to established. Also said about how we approached things the wrong way in the school hall but how we maintained our anti-coed sentiments. He educated us on various issues pertaining to this and it was very eye opening. Some stuff that both us AND the students of Victoria do not know about.

    I'm happy to say that we met and parted ways with a mutual respect for each other. He is one very cool guy. Once again apologies if I have offended you or your friends. Stay cool and continue rockin'. We're human too and we make mistakes, and we grow from them. All's well that ends well.

    By Blogger Levan Wee, at 12:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home